Welcome to the Language Resource Center at the TU Darmstadt
The Language Resource Center is a centralized institution of the TU Darmstadt. We offer language courses and other services for all students and staff of the TU Darmstadt. Our main objective is to provide opportunities for the learning of foreign languages. These courses are often integrated into the obligatory or elective requirements of various faculties and departments. However, all of our courses can form part of a student’s program independently of their core degree program. Students make also work towards a language proficiency certificate (e.g. UNIcert) as a prerequisite for study abroad programs at partner universities or for internship applications.
We regret that is it not possible for you to attend our language courses if you are neither a student nor a staff member of TU Darmstadt.
Information leaflet for the Language Resource Centre
Language Resource Center News
How do I register for a UNIcert Exam?
Registration possible from 15th June 2020
If you have fulfilled all of the requirements to write a UNIcert examination, please proceed as follows:
- Find out when the UNIcert exams take place in the summer semester 2020.UNIcert exam dates
- Fill out the form ‘Prüfungsanmeldung’ (Exam Registration), which can be found at the bottom right of the same web page. Send the filled-out form to the Studienbüro mail address no later than a week before the exam date.
- Before you send in the form, please register in TUCaN for the UNIcert exam. You will find the appropriate module under the specific language, and then under ‘UNIcert-Zertifikate’ in the “Gesamtkatalog aller Module des Sprachenzentrums”. After having completed the registration for the UNIcert module you are registered for the UNIcert examination. Please remember to also register for the examination of your course.
- Because oral exams will take place on-line this semester, you will be given your specific examination time by the examination board.
- You may pick up your certificate two to three weeks after the exam. If the students' office is still closed at that time, you may send us a large stamped, addressed envelope so that we can forward the certificate to you.
- Our office will enter the exam results in TUCaN. If you do not pass the exam, you will receive a letter from us.