Welcome to the Language Resource Center at the TU Darmstadt
The Language Resource Center is a centralized institution of the TU Darmstadt. We offer language courses and other services for all students and staff of the TU Darmstadt. Our main objective is to provide opportunities for the learning of foreign languages. These courses are often integrated into the obligatory or elective requirements of various faculties and departments. However, all of our courses can form part of a student’s program independently of their core degree program. Students make also work towards a language proficiency certificate (e.g. UNIcert) as a prerequisite for study abroad programs at partner universities or for internship applications.
We regret that is it not possible for you to attend our language courses if you neither a student nor a staff member of TU Darmstadt.
Information leaflet for the Language Resource Centre
Language Resource Center News
How do I register for a UNIcert Exam?
Registration possible from 15th June 2018
If you have fulfilled all of the requirements to write a UNIcert examination, please proceed as follows:
- Find out when the UNIcert exams take place in the summer semester 2018.UNIcert exam dates
- Print out the form ‘Prüfungsanmeldung’ (Exam Registration), which can be found at the bottom right of the same web page. Hand in the filled-out form personally to the Sprachenzentrum (Language Resource Center) office no later than a week before the exam date.
- Before you hand in the form, please register in TUCaN for the UNIcert exam. You will find the appropriate module under the specific language, and then under ‘UNIcert-Zertifikate’ in the “Gesamtkatalog aller Module des Sprachenzentrums”. After having completed the registration for the UNIcert module you are registered for the UNIcert examination.
- The date of the oral exam will be posted on the glass notice board in the hallway in front of the SPZ approximately three days before the date of the exam.
- You may pick up your certificate two to three weeks after the exam. Our office will enter the exam results in TUCaN. If you do not pass the exam, you will receive a letter from us.
Information regarding registration for examinations in the summer semester 2018
for all course participants
Registration for the final examination in your language course will take place between 15.061.2018 and 30.06.2018.
During this time period, you will also have the opportunity to switch from the regular module “Studienleistung” (with grade and credits) to the “Participation only” module (without grade or credits) if you do not want to write the final exam or hold a final presentation.