Welcome to the Language Resource Center at the TU Darmstadt
The Language Resource Center is a centralized institution of the TU Darmstadt. We offer language courses and other services for all students and staff of the TU Darmstadt. Our main objective is to provide opportunities for the learning of foreign languages. These courses are often integrated into the obligatory or elective requirements of various faculties and departments. However, all of our courses can form part of a student’s program independently of their core degree program. Students make also work towards a language proficiency certificate (e.g. UNIcert) as a prerequisite for study abroad programs at partner universities or for internship applications.
We regret that is it not possible for you to attend our language courses if you neither a student nor a staff member of TU Darmstadt.
Information leaflet for the Language Resource Centre
Language Resource Center News
In certain cases you may register in advance for courses in the Summer Semester 2018.
Advance registration is possible if
- you participated successfully (with at least a certificate of attendance) in a course of the same language in the Winter Semester 2017/2018 and
- you want to register for a continuing course or a course with the same requirements
- a specific course is mandatory for you (e. g. Latin for history students)
Please register in TUCaN for the module and the corresponding course and contact us at the students' office of the Language Resource Center before Monday, 9th April 2018, 6 pm.
You can have a look at your exam on the following dates:
German: Wednesday, 21st February from 9:00 to 10:00 with Frau Friedmann in room S1|03 16 b.
English: Wednesday, 7th March from 13:30 to 14:30 with Frau Dr. Gibson in room S1|03 16 b.
French, Italian, Latin: Wednesday, 28th March from 9:00 to 10:00 with Frau Dr. Personne in room S1|03 16 a.
Spanish, Portuguese: Tuesday, 20th March from 9:00 to 10:00 with Frau Heil in room S1|03 52.
Further Languages: Tuesday, 6th March from 12:00 to 13:00 with Frau Pertoft in room S1|03 16 a.
How do I register for a UNIcert Exam?
Registration possible from 15th January 2018
If you have fulfilled all of the requirements to write a UNIcert examination, please proceed as follows:
- Find out when the UNIcert exams take place in the winter semester 2017/2018.UNIcert exam dates
- Print out the form ‘Prüfungsanmeldung’ (Exam Registration), which can be found at the bottom right of the same web page. Hand in the filled-out form personally to the Sprachenzentrum (Language Resource Center) office no later than a week before the exam date.
- Before you hand in the form, please register in TUCaN for the UNIcert exam. You will find the appropriate module under the specific language, and then under ‘UNIcert-Zertifikate’ in the “Gesamtkatalog aller Module des Sprachenzentrums”. After having completed the registration for the UNIcert module you are registered for the UNIcert examination.
- The date of the oral exam will be posted on the glass notice board in the hallway in front of the SPZ approximately three days before the date of the exam.
- You may pick up your certificate two to three weeks after the exam. Our office will enter the exam results in TUCaN. If you do not pass the exam, you will receive a letter from us.