Welcome to the Language Resource Center at the TU Darmstadt
The Language Resource Center is a centralized institution of the TU Darmstadt. We offer language courses and other services for all students and staff of the TU Darmstadt. Our main objective is to provide opportunities for the learning of foreign languages. These courses are often integrated into the obligatory or elective requirements of various faculties and departments. However, all of our courses can form part of a student’s program independently of their core degree program. Students make also work towards a language proficiency certificate (e.g. UNIcert) as a prerequisite for study abroad programs at partner universities or for internship applications.
We regret that is it not possible for you to attend our language courses if you are neither a student nor a staff member of TU Darmstadt.
Information leaflet for the Language Resource Centre
Language Resource Center News
Information regarding registration for examinations in winter semester 2020/2021
for all course participants
Registration for the final examination in your language course will take place between 15.01.2021 and 31.02.2021.
During this time period, you will also have the opportunity to switch from the regular module “Studienleistung” (with grade and credits) to the “Participation only” module (without grade or credits) if you do not want to write the final exam or hold a final presentation.
How do I register for a UNIcert Exam?
Registration possible from 15th January 2021
If you have fulfilled all of the requirements to write a UNIcert examination, please proceed as follows:
- Find out when the UNIcert exams take place in the winter semester 2020/2021.UNIcert exam dates
- Fill out the form ‘Prüfungsanmeldung’ (Exam Registration), which can be found at the bottom right of the same web page. Send the filled-out form to the Studienbüro mail address no later than a week before the exam date.
- Before you send in the form, please register in TUCaN for the UNIcert exam. You will find the appropriate module under the specific language, and then under ‘UNIcert-Zertifikate’ in the “Gesamtkatalog aller Module des Sprachenzentrums”. After having completed the registration for the UNIcert module you are registered for the UNIcert examination. Please remember to also register for the examination of your course.
- Because oral exams will take place on-line this semester (except for German), you will be given your specific examination time by the examination board.
- You may pick up your certificate two to three weeks after the exam. If the students' office is still closed at that time, we will send the certificate to you by mail.
- Our office will enter the exam results in TUCaN. If you do not pass the exam, you will receive a letter from us.
Office opening times
The students' office will be closed until further notice. Please contact us by email or by phone from Monday to Friday from 10 to 12 am.
Library opening times
We regret to inform you that the library will be closed until further notice.
Thank you for your understanding.